Monday 25 November 2013

Lovely Leo in a perfect 1950s wedding dress - the inspiration for my vintage-style wedding dress 'Blanche'

Dear Reader

Over the last couple of weeks, we've been admiring lace dresses here on my vintage wedding blog, so I'd like to show you one of my very favourites - as worn by real vintage bride, the lovely Leo.
Vintage wedding blog c Heavenly Vintage Brides, close up of real bride Leo in 1950s lace wedding dress
Leo looked wonderful in this perfect tea length, champagne coloured, late 1950s wedding dress. 
Vintage wedding blog c Heavenly Vintage Brides, real vintage bride Leo walks down the aisle in 1950s lace wedding dress
Brides sometimes ask what kind of dress I love the best. Well, I think my perfect vintage wedding dress is an elegant, well-balanced shape in a beautiful fabric, complemented by a carefully-chosen trim. And sometimes, a dress comes along that really stands out for its simplicity. This was just such a dress. 
Vintage wedding blog c Heavenly Vintage Brides, real vintage bride Leo full-length image in her 1950s lace wedding dress
In fact, I loved it so much that I used it as one of the models for my own vintage-style lace dress 'Blanche'.
Vintage wedding blog c Heavenly Vintage Brides, Blanche 1950s wedding dress, top section
Vintage wedding blog c Heavenly Vintage Brides, Blanche 1950s wedding dress, full length image
Vintage wedding blog c Heavenly Vintage Brides, Blanche 1950s wedding dress, reverse showing lovely v-neckline at back
Vintage wedding blog c Heavenly Vintage Brides, Blanche 1950s vintage-style wedding dress, full length image
Ultimately, I strongly believe the dress is there to bring out the most beautiful features of the brides. And as you can see from how stunning Leo looks, in her perfect choice of vintage wedding dress, this one certainly succeeds. 
Vintage wedding blog c Heavenly Vintage Brides, Leo surrounded by her family
Thanks to Leo for sharing these lovely photos of her happy day. If you'd like to see more real vintage brides, take a look on the real brides section of my vintage wedding blog.

You can see more of my own Heavenly Collection of vintage-inspired wedding dresses here on my blog. And more original 1950s lace wedding dresses here.

Thanks for dropping by today.

Love
Helena 
Heavenly Vintage Brides